return to home page
On Februrary 12, 2010, I and many other photographers that have been clients of Calypso Imaging Inc received an email from Joseph Levine that he and his wife Barbara, have decided to discontinue their business and retire. Calypso as one of early implementors of digital photography techonologies at the close of the last decade was one of the premier Lightjet printing services for professional photographers including all of this person's printing. Accordingly I am currently in the process of switching to a different Lightjet printing service and until that is complete, I will not be accepting print orders although email inquiries are always welcome. Associated print and processing information on other pages of my site are also stale.
David's Business Workflow
- Customer selects print of interest on my web site and reads information required for ordering, handling, and framing.
- Customer inputs order via US Mail including personal bank check or valid money order.
- I cash funds into my busines account, log the order, input a print order with my lab, and email status to the customer.
- I pick up the completed print, verify its proper quality, package it for shipping, ship it to cutomer via UPS, and email status to customer.
- This web site will serve as a public information, image viewing, ordering, pricing, and shipping information support source facilitating communication between myself and customers.
- Communication between customers will be by their choice of email, US Mail, or phone.
- All printing lab work will be done with the one lab I have been using several years which has printed all my master Lightjet5000 prints.
- The lab is a few miles away from my residence so I do not have to deal with delays of shipping and network based ordering as most of their other customers do.
- I personally input and pick up prints directly at my lab. Thus frequently, easily, and efficiently have access to their personnel in order to resolve any issues.
- All post print inspection will be done upon the same large work surface I have been using to inspect, process, mount, and frame all previous master prints.
- All of my photography business processing, communication, logging, and tracking will be done on a computer through which I have a direct account with my ISP's web hosting server.
- My computer business directories will be regularly backed up onto CDROM or DVD.
- All image files and web site source directories have been back up onto CDROM or DVD and will be backed up further upon any changes.
- If I am out in the field or otherwise unavailable for any periods beyond a few days, such information will be posted on my website in order to warn customers that they can expect a given delay in returning communication or processing orders until whatever date I post for returning.
- Take simple orders from customers or their framing galleries for unmounted prints only.
- My website will explain the simple process for customer ordering.
- During exhibitions customers may order directly with me and be provided with a work order receipt.
- At least at this time my website will not be taking credit card orders in order to be simple.
- The web site will have email contact information and request customers use such.
- Web customers will need to send by US mail to my business address, an order letter with simple information and a personal banking check or valid money order.
- Immediately upon receiving an order I will verify the order has been properly entered and there are no questions.
- If a customer has a question, such will be addressed before proceeding with any order.
- If I have any issues or concerns with an order I will communicate such back to customers and request a followup response.
- An order processing entry will be opened on my computer with orders logged.
- If the order is correct without issues, I will start processing as soon as possible by having my bank, Bank of America, validate customer funds and cash the personal check into my business account. Or if it is a money order validly cash that into my account.
- Immediately upon that ok, I will then email or US Mail a response to customers that I am starting a process producing a print for them with an estimated time of completion.
- If there is an issue with payment I will put their order on hold and communicate such back to customers.
- No checks will be cashed unless I can immediately proceed with printing. For example orders will not be processed if I receive an order but do not have time to process it before say leaving on a field trip or in the unlikely event there is an issue with my lab.
- Within a couple days the order ought to be placed at my lab.
- Turnaround on prints out of my lab has consistently been two or three days.
- Will pick up prints from lab and transport them back to my work area.
- All prints will be received from my lab's customer counter pre-rolled and taped by lab personnel with image surface inward.
- Print transport from inside the lab to my car to my work area will be in a 5 inch diameter cylindrical shipping container. This is to ensure there is little opportunity for crushing or crinkling.
- On my work surface, I will inspect and verify prints.
- Upon being carefully unrolled, prints will be first examined for any paper
- Will verify prints are good copies compared to a master set of prints and any revisions to such.
- Will verify prints do not have any visual defects.
- Any problems are solely issues between myself and my lab. If another printing cycle is required customers will be informed of the delay.
- Prints will be signed and numerated by me in the mounting whitespace beyond the print borders. Note all images have a
digital signature in the image.
- Rolled prints will be placed into the appropriate length 4 inch diameter cylindrical shipping
along with the order invoice, print handling information sheet, image description sheet, and framing tip sheet.
- Update my computer with print and order completion information and state retail tax additions.
- As soon as possible the containers will be shipped via UPS
- An email or US Mail letter will be sent out to customers with UPS tracking information.
- Log on my computer order shipment completed information.
- If there are any problems with the shipment, a process will be provided for customers to follow so I can recover costs from the UPS shipper.
All images on this site are under copyright by David Senesac for on-screen examination only. Images may not be reproduced, copied, manipulated, projected, or used in any way without the express written permission of David Senesac Photography’s invoice stating the rights granted and the terms thereof and the receipt, by David Senesac Photography, of payment in full for said invoice. Usage rights will not be granted until David Senesac Photography has received payment in full. Unauthorized use or reproduction of any imagery on this site constitutes copyright infringement and is a violation of Federal Copyright Law. Any unauthorized usage will be billed at several times the normal rate charged by David Senesac Photography for such usage and be subject to prosecution to the full extent of the law.
1321 S. Winchester Blvd. #261
San Jose, CA 95128
phone: 408 8666094
return to top of page
return to home page